Winter Property Maintenance Best Practices
Winter is a time for many things: snow, ice, cold weather, and holidays. It’s also a time for property managers and house watchers to be extra vigilant in their duties. Preparation and preventative maintenance is extremely important. We can assist with all of your needs. Here are some winter property management best practices:
- Inspect the heating system. Make sure the heating system is in good working order and that there are no leaks. You may also want to have a professional tune-up done.
- Check for drafts. Seal any cracks or gaps around windows and doors to prevent heat loss.
- Winterize outdoor faucets. This will help prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Clear snow and ice from sidewalks and walkways. This will help prevent slips and falls.
- Check the roof for damage. Winter weather can cause damage to roofs, so it’s important to inspect it regularly.
- Have a snow removal service on call. If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, it’s a good idea to have a snow removal service on call in case of an emergency.
- Be prepared for emergencies. Make sure you have a plan in place in case of a power outage or other emergency.
By following these best practices, you can help ensure that your properties are safe and comfortable for the winter months.
For those of you who are away in the Hamptons area or the east end of Long Island ALL winter, allow us to be your property manager of choice for these needs and to ensure your property stays safe and ready for your return!