If you’ve been carefully cleaning and disinfecting your home on your own since the first COVID-19 shutdown in March, you may be wondering, “is it safe to hire a cleaning service during COVID-19?”
You’re not alone. Many Hamptons cleaning services clients temporarily took on their own house cleaning when COVID-19 cases were on the rise this spring. Even now, as cleaning services like A Votre Service! are up and running, there’s a lot to consider before bringing workers into your home during a pandemic.
So, is it safe to hire a cleaning service during COVID-19? The short answer is yes – as long as you take proper precautions. Keep reading for our tips to safely hire a Hamptons cleaning service during the pandemic.
Is It Safe to Hire a Cleaning Company During COVID-19? What the CDC Says
If you’re thinking about hiring a Hamptons cleaning company to clean and disinfect your home this winter, it’s important to ensure that both you and the company you’re hiring are making safety a priority.
Not sure what you should be doing? Here’s what the CDC recommends when bringing workers into your home:
- Do as much of the pre-service consultation, talking about services and determining pricing in advance of the service, so that conversation and face-to-face interactions are kept to a minimum
- If you or someone in your home has COVID-19, has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, wait to schedule non-emergency services until it’s safe to be around others.
- If you or someone in your home is at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, you may want to consider not being inside the home during service.
The CDC also recommends discussing all of the COVID-19 precautions a service provider is taking, including any pre-screening procedures like temperature checks. So what should you ask a Hamptons house cleaning company before bringing them into your home?
How to Choose a Safe Hamptons House Cleaning Service
If you’re inviting new people into your home during a pandemic – even a Hamptons cleaning service or other workers – it’s important to know that they’re taking every precaution to reduce the risk of spreading illness.
Some things to ask a cleaning service before hiring them include:
What COVID-19 safety protocols do they have in place?
Have they changed the way they offer their services, changed their staffing levels or changed any other procedures? A Votre Service!, for example, no longer sends more than one staff member to any cleaning job in order to reduce exposure both for our workers and our clients.
Do they require all employees to wear masks? What about clients?
We all know by now that the CDC recommends mask-wearing in public, particularly in indoor spaces where social distancing may not be possible. When hiring a Hamptons house cleaning company, it’s important to know if a cleaning service is following these guidelines – and to know if they expect their clients to follow the guidelines, too.
At A Votre Service, all employees are required to wear masks while on the job and to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible. We ask our clients to either stay in another room during cleaning services or to wear a mask if they must be in the same space.
Has COVID-19 Impacted Cleaning Services Available?
Once you’ve determined if it’s safe to hire a cleaning service during COVID-19 and have started to research Hamptons house cleaning companies, it’s time to determine which cleaning service is right for you.
Ensuring the company is taking all health precautions is important. But it’s also important to know how the house cleaning service itself could help keep you and your family healthier this winter.
At A Votre Service!, for example, we’re doing all we can to keep you and our staff as safe as possible. This includes adding new cleaning details to our regular Hamptons cleaning services.
During this time, in addition to our standard cleaning procedures, regular cleaning visits also include additional disinfecting, including:
- Cleaning and disinfecting household appliances
- Cleaning and disinfecting refrigerators and freezers, including handles
- Cleaning high-traffic surfaces with Lysol or Clorox wipes, if available
- Disinfecting all faucets, door and window handles, outlets and control panels and remote controls
- Cleaning and disinfecting children’s toys
- Cleaning and disinfecting all bathroom surfaces
- Washing laundry with extra temperature when possible
- Disinfecting packages or boxes found outside of the door and leave unopened
With these practices, in addition to our standard house cleaning practices, you can help reduce the number of germs in your home this winter and help keep your familiar healthier.
Ready to work with a Hamptons house cleaning company?
Now that you’ve answered the question, “is it safe to hire a cleaning service during COVID-19?,” it’s time to book your next appointment. If you’re looking for Hamptons house cleaning, we’d love to talk about our services!
As we look ahead to the holiday season, we believe that the greatest gift is to know that we and all those we love are well. We hope we can help your family stay well this Christmas season.